Saturday, December 15, 2007

Only 10 days until Christmas!

I'm so excited for Christmas. I love all of the family gatherings, holiday food and giving gifts. I did all of my shopping online this year and every gift has been delivered already. I'm so proud of myself because I've never been this early. I just have to wrap everything now and I'm definitely taking my time getting to that.

Sorry I've been absent from the blog world for the past 10 days. I've been working some overtime shifts at the hotel to make extra money for the holidays. I just finished a 6 hour shift as a banquet server for a 950 person holiday party. This party was amazing. There was a live Caribbean band, flamenco dancers and and festive decorations of red, orange and green. Our hotel usually doesn't have events that big with so many people so the banquet staff was bustling and chaotic. I had a great time and the 6 hours went by so fast. But now my feet ache. It's 11pm and I hate to say it, but I'm going to bed now. What a boring Saturday night, but who am I kidding. I'm not a spring chicken anymore! Haha, I'll be 27 in less than one month. Eek!

3 comments:

Jeff B said...

Hey ya little whipper snapper. I'm forty-one and I just worked twelve hours on a concrete floor!

I remember my days in the food service industry. Man they were butt kickers. Non-stop running from the time you arrive untill you finish.

glad to know you're healthy again and written another post. Hope you keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back in the blogesphere. I was beginning to think you'd been abducted by aliens and were using those ugly little probes . . . oooooh, too terrible to think about. Hope you made lots of extra money. I'll be looking for my terribly expensive gift to a arrive just any day now.

Have the Merriest of Christmases and a bright and happy 2008.

Hugs to you and your mom,
Mrs. "B"

katherine. said...

you are a year older than my daughter....no complaints about age!