Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I am Legend


Normally I don't walk out of a movie theater. Tonight was the exception.

My boyfriend got to choose the movie tonight and he was excited to see "I am Legend" starring Will Smith. I knew nothing about the movie but after a quick synopsis from Yahoo Movies I had a bad feeling about it before we even got to the theater. Needless to say, my gut instinct was right and I had to leave the theater about 45 minutes into it. I waited out the remainder of the movie at Barnes & Noble, and Danny finished it alone.

What's wrong with it, you say? Why do all the movie reviews give it high ratings and yet Christinker couldn't stand it? Quite honestly, there is nothing wrong with the movie. It was actually well made and Will Smith did a good job acting. The problem was with me. I just can't watch scary movies with zombie-like creatures and suspense around every corner. I'm a chick-flick girl and I should have known better.

In short, husbands/boyfriends, please watch this one on your own...or be kind and suggest something like National Treasure that we can all enjoy.

4 comments:

katherine. said...

while I enjoy some scary movies they have a way of staying in my brain and resurfacing in my nightmares...so...I don't watch them either until I can watch at home and skip certain parts...

And I am way excited about watching the National Treasures sequel this weekend!

Jeff B said...

When you and Danny come up for a visit we can send he and Lisa out to watch the blood and guts, scare the crap out of you stuff. She enjoys those kind too. I, like you, want to be entertained, not freaked out afterward.

Gene Bach said...

I'm going to go check this one our sometime next week. Of course I'm not a chick flick kind of guy either. LOL!!!

Mel said...

*covering eyes*

Uh uh....nope.....
Pass. Not doing it.....

*peeking*
Is it over yet?