Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm leaving my job!

Friday is my last day working for the Hyatt in the Catering department. I will no longer be planning $50,000.00 weddings and working with impossible brides and m.o.b's! I'm definitely going to miss the excitement of hospitality industry, and the employee discount when traveling. But, I am super excited to be starting a new career path also.

My new job will be as a student-teaching in Long Beach, CA in a 3rd grade classroom. I will be here for 18 weeks as an apprentice to fulfill my teaching credential requirements. I spoke with my master teacher today and she told me that the students have already made a space in the classroom for my desk. They all know my name and are excited to meet me. Truthfully, I'm probably 100 times more excited than they are. I just can't wait to begin a new fulfilling stage in my life. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Mel said...

Oh--welcome to the joy of bringing to the life of a child!

You'll ROCK, no doubt about it!

Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations!!

Jeff B said...

Congradulations on your new venture. I know you're going to do great!

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow. Those kids in your class have no idea how lucky they are to have you as their student teacher!!! You are so bubbly and so much fun, they're not going to want to go home at the end of the day, and they'll all want to come live with you and the weiner dog. Do good . . . I know you will.

"The Babe"

katherine. said...

that is great! It sounds like you will love your new gig.

(I wonder what kind of MOB I will be.....)

Leann said...

have a nice time on your new job.glad you got out of the other one.no one wants to be around brides when they are going nuts planning their weddings.yecks you poor girl its amazing you servived all the nuttyness.
I seen a show on TV talking about how nutty some people get planning their wedding and the meal and all the hopla.
I said to my self thank God I aint in to catering.

but let me warn you little kids can be just as impossible.get contral fast and you will be just fine,if not they will run you over.set the rules right off the bat.that way you know what they should do and not do and so do they.

take care.